Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans...Or Lack Thereof

Is it really Monday again already? I mean, my weekend was loooong, but it was busy. I'm ready for the next one so I can sit around and do nothing. Is that bad? Yes, that's bad. I'm so lazy.

So here we are. Linking up with Sami for a recap of my shenanigans (if you can call hanging out with a two-year-old shenanigans). {Pictures to come!}

Friday:  I had a wonderful lunch date with some friends that I haven't seen in MONTHS. We decided to keep this tradition and set up another lunch date for the end of the month. And a movie/girls' night. Because why not? Then I had to run errands (but not the fun kind -- don't you hate tax season?). My afternoon was then spent watching tv and doing a lot of nothing. Busy morning = lazy afternoon.

Friday night:  Erich and I went out to dinner, as is the norm. We went to Outback and I ordered the same thing I always order. Get ready for this saga. First my order was fine. Then the waitress came back and said they were out of the food they needed to make my order, so I had to order something else. Then about five minutes after that the waitress told me that -- oh, no -- they found what they needed. Great. Spectacular. So then my food comes out to me still with parts missing. The veggies weren't there! And those are actually the best part of this meal. Ugh. Alright, I can deal with that. I go to cut into my meat; I ordered it medium-well. I swear to you it was medium-rare. Obviously I'm not going to eat a cow that is still mooing, so I sent it back. When it came back out to me it was BURNED. *insert loudest sigh you've ever heard* Anyway, we ended up getting my whole meal, including the drink, for free. And one of Erich's drinks was taken off the check. Terrific. We still tipped the waitress really well because it totally wasn't her fault that all of that nonsense happened, and she's the one who told the manager to give me my meal for free. Hooray for people who understand good customer service. Moral of the story:  Uh, there isn't one. I'm sure I'll still be eating at Outback within the next two weeks. It's just what I do.

Oh my gosh, that was only Friday.

Saturday:  I did a lot of nothing for most of the day. Simple enough.

Saturday night:  I went to babysit a friend's kid. He's adorable and I've been watching him since he was an infant; he's 27 months now. The night was pretty laid back. He's an easy kid to handle and he was in bed at 8:15, so the rest of my night was spent on my friend's couch watching Joan Rivers and taking naps (yes, multiple). Any time I babysit for them I spend the night because it's kind of a hike from where I live. Which brings me to...

Sunday:  Woke up at 8:00 to happy toddler sounds. Sat on the couch in my pajamas until 5:00 when I decided it was probably time for me to go home. It was a great day of catching up, making cupcakes, playing with the child, and eating and drinking coffee. Pretty much the best. Oh, and I totally watched The Walking Dead because I'm obsessed with it.

That concludes my weekend. Now I'm at work. Buh.

5 comments:

Laney said...

sounds like you had an eventful weekend. I love your top pics of the red leaves. So beautiful. Hope you have a great weekend

Jessica K said...

New follower here! I have to say I have never seen another person spell Erich like that - my Hubby's name is spelled like that and as I am sure you are aware - it's rare! Glad you had a nice weekend!

Ashley said...

I felt the same way about the weekend, I was ready for a "weekend restart" on Sunday.

We don't eat at Outback anymore because of a simliar experience with ordering medium-well and getting it all bloody-mooing. Ugh. Being a steakhouse you'd think they'd be better at what they do!

Gina Gao said...

It sounds like you had an eventful weekend!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Thank you for linking up to The Great Blog Train! We loved having you! And you helped us have a successful third run down the tracks!

Helen@blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com
Angie@godsgrowinggarden.com
Marci@stonecottageadventures.com